Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No bad choice....why so hard?

So Ive been temping for about 3 months now. The company I'm working for cant make up their mind if they want me full time or not... So I started to look for more work. Ive been looking for work in the human service field for some time now (seven months really) and I have gotten nothing!!!! Cus "nobody wants me...guess I'll go eat worms..." Anyway, I got TWO call backs within like 3hrs of each other and they both want to offer me the job!!! "They like me! They like me! they really like me!!!!" Wahoooo! I have a job!!!

But wait...I have to pick one and say no to the other one...Aha! what am I going to do??? I hate making up my mind and I hate even more saying "no" to some one. So I don't know what to do.
So this is what Ive decided..... I will make a Pro... Con.... List (although it makes me feel like I'm in middle school writing down the reasons I like Bobby Swazky. Good times!)

Government Job:

Pro
1. pay: 32 bananas a year
2. job security
3. Great benefits (including Ed $$$)
4. work from 8 to 4:30
5. 20mins form home
6. 1 sick & vacation day each month
7. Great experience
8. Can change departments and not loose accumulated benefits
9. Could be closer to my goal of MS, licens, and a better job (in 5years)
10. No on the job driving (or very little)
11. this experience could be valuable2 non-prof
12. possible transfer (voluntary) to other parts of state

Con
1. Possible grumpy Co-workers
2. Stuck doing something I dint like
3. Berried in Paper work & policy
4. Possible angry clients
5. Get stuck not helping people
6. Just a pee-on in Big GOV
7. Could become a grumpy pants
8. Large case load
9. don't always get to see change

Non-Profit
Pro 1. Nice Co-workers/relaxed atmosphere
2. 4months in summer work 4day on 3 days off
3. Some ed $$ But not as much as gov
4. Smaller case load
5. get paid for miles (.47)
6. get $60 more for being on call
7. more personal people contact - work 4 cause
8. get to see lives change
9. "family" environment
10. possible transfer (voluntary) to other parts of the state
11. 401 -k after 1 yr

Con
1. 4 to 5,000 less a year
2. longer hrs in summer (see pro#2)
3. have to visit each case monthly (18ish)
4. putting more miles on car
5. on call about 1 week each month 24/7
6. What if I cant handle the mentally disabled population?
7. Frustration b/c of lack of funds & time
8. may have to cover for direct care personel

That's all I have for now please let me know what you think???
Thanks for your help. :)

No comments: